DRC verdict postponed
Mthembu DRC verdict postponed
Posted: 6 October 2008
Time: 6:30 pm
The verdict of the Dispute Resolution Chamber hearing involving the tug-of-war between Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates over striker Siphelele Mthembu, will be handed down on Wednesday.
This was disclosed by the Premier Soccer League (PSL) prosecutor Zola Majavu on Monday afternoon.
Both clubs lay claims to having the 21-year-old striker's signature, with the player himself favouring Chiefs.
Chiefs’ team manager Bobby Motaung told KickOff.com earlier that the youngster, whose talent has been described as ‘exceptional’, signed a three-year deal with Amakhosi after training with them last year, but it is understood that Mthembu had also signed a pre-contract with Pirates.
Maritzburg City’s owner Bongi Hlophe told KickOff.com at the time that Mthembu was cleared to Bucs at the end of last season.
The comments posted do not reflect the views of KickOff.com. Users are reminded that no misuse of this comment facility will be tolerated. Any abusive, racist, inflammatory, defamatory, discriminatory comments or hate speech will be deleted and the user banned.
If legally obliged we will hand over your information under the Protection of Information Act.
Please report abusive posts to email@example.com.