Ghana set to drop Fifa Under-17 bid
Posted: 11 February 2011 Time: 13:12
Ghana looks all set to pull out of the race to bid for the 2013 Fifa World Under-17 championships.
A ministry of youth and sports official announced earlier this week that a delegation was set to travel to Fifa headquarters in Zurich to put Ghana's case forward but KickOffGhana.com understands that trip would not happen after government's decision not to go ahead with the bid.
The Ghana News Agency, quoting 'supreme' sources on Thursday said the bid will not happen and checks by KickOffGhana.com shows that it indeed the case.
Ghana Football Association president Kwesi Nyantekyie who was originally due to join the delegation in Zurich from Antwerp is now back in Accra and has been told by government, this website understands that the bid is off.
Ghana, two times World Champions at the Under-17 level were looking to host a Fifa tournament for the first time.