Marcel Desailly out of Ghana coaching race
Posted: 6 December 2010 Time: 8:49 pm
Marcel Desailly has opted out of the race for the Ghana coaching job claiming the process has been too slow.
The former France international who was many people’s favourite for the job after the departure of Milovan Rajevac but says he is no longer interested. "I have formally withdrawn my interest to be the head coach of the Black Stars following my initial interest over three months ago," the 1998 World Cup winner said. "Since declaring my interest I have had to put all my personal and business obligations on hold waiting for the outcome of this opportunity, be it positive or negative. "I have still not received any form of official communication with regards to my interest. I understand that it is the internal processes pertaining to the appointment. "However, this lengthy time in which there has been no official communication has left me with no option but to re-engage myself with commitments which I had earlier set aside for the potential job." Desaily’s withdrawal leaves the Ghana Football Association with three coaches to choose from after the Turk Can Vanli was axed from the list. Former Portugal coach Humberto Cuelho, Goran Stevanovic of Serbia and Ghanaian Herbert Addo are the three coaches left in the race. They will appear before an interview panel on December 16-17 before the new boss is named the GFA says at least on the first working day of the new year.