FC Barcelona have confirmed their pursuit of a Manchester City attacker who starred for his country in the most recent UEFA Nations League tournament.
Since the arrival of new manager Xavi Hernandez, various reports have suggested that Barca will make a few signings in the January transfer window in a bid to strengthen their squad.
Scroll through the gallery below to see six stars who have been linked with a move to Xavi's Barca
Although Xavi arrived during a period when the window is closed, the LaLiga club has managed to re-sign Dani Alves, who was a free agent after leaving Brazilian side Sao Paulo following an image rights dispute.
However, the experienced fullback is not eligible to play for the club until January, and the Catalan giants have now confirmed they are also in the market for more attacking power.
According to the Daily Mail, the Blaugrana are chasing Spain star Ferran Torres, with chief executive Ferran Reverter and director of football Mateu Alemany said to have paid a visit to City's base last week.
On Sunday, the club's vice-president Rafael Yuste confirmed that Barca had held talks with Pep Guardiola's side regarding the 21-year-old's services.
"Ferran is a great player and we are working with discretion," Yuste said, per the Daily Mail.
"We have friends at Manchester City and there is a good relationship.
"Ferran Reverter has paid a courtesy call."
Torres, who is currently out injured, has made only seven appearances across all competitions for City so far this season, scoring three goals and assisting one further strike.
He did star for La Furia Roja in the 2020/21 UEFA NAtions League campaign, though, scoring six times in eight matches, including twice in their semi-final against Italy, before Spain were beaten by France in the final in October.
Here are six stars Xavi is reportedly looking to sell