Ronaldo, 33, wasn't at his influential best over the semi-final tie but still recorded a spectacular record that's a testament to his longevity and consistency at the highest level.
After featuring in the second-leg semi-final against Bayern Munich, the Real superstar became the most capped outfield player in the competitions' history, as he surpassed Xavi's record of 151 appearances.
Only former Los Blancos teammate Iker Casillas has now featured in more games with 167 games to his name for the Spanish giants and FC Porto.
Record appearances in Champions League:
1. Iker Casillas - 167 (Real Madrid and Porto)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - 152 (Real Madrid and Manchester United)
3. Xavi - 151 (FC Barcelona)
4. Raul - 142 (Real Madrid and Schalke)
5. Ryan Giggs - 141 (Manchester United)