Juventus head coach Maurizio Sarri has broken his silence on Cristiano Ronaldo's most recent outburst to being substituted just before the international.
For a second game in a row, Ronaldo was taken off in the 1-0 win over AC Milan, with his replacement, Paulo Dybala netting the winning goal.
Instead of going to the bench, the Portuguese star went straight down to the tunnel while some reports claim he left the stadium early.
“There’s no need to clarify anything with Ronaldo," Sarri said, as per Football Italia.
"Certain players need to be left to cool off,”
Sarri initially claimed that Ronaldo had been struggling with injury, but he he feature in both of Portugal's 2020 European Champions qualifiers last week.
“The problem is that, on Tuesday, he told us that he was still not feeling good.