Real Madrid have been sensationally accused of stopping Cristiano Ronaldo from winning last year's Ballon d'Or, which went to Luka Modric.
Ronaldo missed out on the Ballon d'Or accolade on Monday night after losing out to FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi, who has now won the award for a record sixth time.
The Portuguese snubbed the award ceremony for two years in a row now and after learning that he would not win the award.
Ronaldo's Juventus teammate, Giorgio Chiellini, says the Portuguese was robbed last year due to his former team.
“Ronaldo was really robbed of the Ballon d'Or last season, when Real Madrid decided to make sure he couldn't win it and that was really weird,” he told Sky Sports Italia.
“This season, it was more balanced. With all due respect, Modric even in his best season of his career didn't deserve it. That was a signal from Real Madrid, as they wanted to stop Ronaldo winning it.
“He won the Champions League, but by that logic, (Liverpool defender Virgil) Van Dijk should've won it this year, or last year (Antoine) Griezmann, (Paul) Pogba or (Kylian) Mbappe for doing extraordinary things at the World Cup. Modric made no sense.”