Valverde on Coutinho departure

FC Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde has broken his silence on Philippe Coutinho securing a loan move to Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.

The Bavarians announced late on Friday evening that a deal had been struck take the Brazil international on a season-long loan.

READ: Bayern announce signing of Barca star

Coutinho had been heavily linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain as part of the deal that would bring Neymar back to the Camp Nou.

Instead, the midfielder opted for a move to Bundesliga and Valverde reveals the player had his mind made to leave at the end of last season.

"It is a situation that last season when the league ended the player had it in his head," Valverde said, as per beIN SPORTS US. "This has come up, he has accepted and hopefully he is lucky."

Meanwhile, Bayern head Niko Kovac believes the whole of the league will be delighted with the arrival of Coutinho.
 
"In my opinion, not only FC Bayern Munich, but also the entire Bundesliga and the whole of Germany can be delighted to be welcoming such a big-name player to our league," he told the Bayern website.

comments