Previously known as Al Assiouty Sport before the takeover of Billionaire Chairman of the Saudi Sports Authority Turki Al-Sheikh, the ambitious club has made global headlines with their lavish transfer outlays since last year.
Aimed at becoming the biggest brand in African football, the Egyptian Premier League side signed a host of Brazilian stars, including Keno from Palmeiras in an African record €8m (R127m) deal.
And as they challenge for the title in Egypt this season, their intent to improve has been displayed with the arrival of four-time league winner and double CAF Champions League winner Abdallah Said.
And now it's been revealed in local media that Hossam Hassan's side saw a €7m (R111m) bid rejected for talented playmaker Nicolae Stanciu.
Stanciu holds extensive European experience with 28 caps and 10 goals to his name and has attracted a host of suitors after netting 10 goals and registering as many assists in 35 games since joining Sparta last year.
The 25-year-old expressed his dismay at seeing his potential move to Africa blocked by the Czech First League side, whom he joined in a league record €8.5m from Belgian giants Anderlecht.
"I would like to comment on what has been said at the press conference on Thursday and was published in media," Stanciu penned in an open letter to the fans.
"I really had a transfer offer during the Christmas season. It was a really interesting one for me, it was that kind of offer I could not even refuse from my personal point of view.
"However, Sparta decided not to release me because the transfer offer was not what the club imagined.
"I respect that and I remain a player of Sparta."
It's been reported by KingFut that Stanciu was offered a staggering R32m a season salary.