Mane responds to diving accusations

African superstar Sadio Mane has responded to recent accusations of diving following this week's UEFA Champions League encounter.

Mane was accused of going down easily in the latter stages of the Reds' 1-1 draw with Serie A outfit Napoli on Wednesday evening, although he did not receive a penalty.

Manchester City previously claimed that the Senegal international does dive 'sometimes', but the Senegalese says he is not that kind of player.

READ: Barca advance in Champions League

Mane felt the incident against Napoli should have been a penalty.

"Yes, I think it was a penalty. I was not diving like usual eh?" Mane told Liverpool Echo.

"Like I always said, I am not a kind of player who will always dive to steal something from the game.

"I could be lucky sometimes and get a penalty, but he didn't give it for me, and it wasn't a dive."

comments