A Manchester United legend has blasted new recruit Jadon Sancho following his underwhelming start to life at Old Trafford.
Former United player Paul Ince has expressed his "anger" towards Sancho, who is appearing to struggle to justify the hefty €85 million (R1.4 billion) transfer fee the Red Devils paid Borussia Dortmund for his signature.
Scroll through the gallery above to see four players United signed from the Bundesliga
"I understand that Sancho is still learning, he's still young," said Ince on The United Stand.
"But this isn't a FIFA game, it's not just about dribbling and dancing two, three, four players or doing little tricks and so on.
"Yeah, it's nice when they work, but with players like Sancho and Lingard, I just keep thinking, all those tricks - just play decent football!
"To be honest, that makes me angry!"
Sancho has made seven appearances across all competitions and has not registered any goals or assists so far.
The 21-year-old also sat on the bench in United’s 1-0 defeat to Aston Villa at Old Trafford on Saturday.
Dortmund's managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke has also expressed his concern over Sancho's slow start in England, suggesting that the player is not being treated in the right way.
"Of course, I follow what he's doing. It also hurts my soul that it is so little taken into account," Watzke told German broadcaster SPORT1.
"I love Jadon, when you see him play you get tears in your eyes. I think his problem is that he's not that seeded in the English national team."