A 2018 FIFA World Cup winner is one of two players who have a secured a new contract with Premier League giants Chelsea, ending speculation that the pair could leave for free at the end of the season.
On Wednesday evening, the Blues announced that Argentina goalkeeper Willy Caballero and France international striker Olivier Giroud had both signed new one-year deals to remain at the club for the 2020/21 campaign.
Giroud, who was part of Les Bleus' World Cup-winning squad in 2018, has put pen to paper on a year extension to his current deal, ending months of speculation linking him with a move to Serie A giants Inter Milan.
"It is clear to the club that Olivier continues to be a player we want in the squad, especially as we maintain the important balance between top-quality experience and the exciting young talent we have available..." director Marina Granovskaia told Chelsea's official website.
"... His attitude, when asked to play a supporting role, has been exemplary [and] he is a proven trophy winner who we hope can help our new generation to become that too."
Veteran goalkeeper Caballero, who will turn 39 in September, has also signed on with the Blues for another season after enjoying an extended spell in the starting XI prior to the Premier League's coronavirus-enforced suspension.
"I trust in Willy, he trains brilliantly and is a great professional," manager Frank Lampard said.
"He stepped into the team earlier this year and showed his quality, and his experience is invaluable in the dressing room. I'm delighted he will be with us next season."
There has been no update on the future of Willian, however, with the Brazil international's contract set to expire at the end of June, while former FC Barcelona forward Pedro has already confirmed that he will leave the club upon the season's conclusion.