Eboue admitted last year of his plight after being banned from playing football due to a contractual dispute with his former agent.
His short-term contract with Sunderland was subsequently rescinded and the player revealed the heartbreaking story of his depression.
Emmanuel Eboue admits to being suicidal after a series of events;— Idah Waringa (@IdahWaringa) December 24, 2017
- Lost kids & all property to his wife in divorce
- Wife handled his finances & stole most of his money
- Sleeps on a friend's mattress
- Lost his grandad (who raised him) to cancer
- Brother died in an accident pic.twitter.com/fixxnnjCpN
The 35-year-old has now been detained by police, who are investigating an 'alleged arson and malicious communications'.
"Police investigating an alleged arson at a residential address in Enfield on Saturday, 30 June, arrested a 35-year-old man on suspicion of arson and malicious communications outside the address at around 17:00hrs on Saturday, 7 July," read the statement from the Metropolitan police.
"He was taken to a north London police station where he currently remains."