Wydad Casablanca head coach Faouzi Benzarti has broken silence over the reports claiming he's been approached to replace Martin Lasarte at Al Ahly.
The Egyptian giants have suffered a remarkable decline in the 2018/19 season by their usual standards, having been knocked out of the CAF Champions League in the quarter-final stage in emphatic fashion with a 5-1 aggregate defeat to Mamelodi Sundowns.
The Red Devils suffered early exits in the Arab and Egyptian Cup respectively and only have the league to play for, as they sit in third place, five point behind leaders Pyramids with three games in hand.
As a result Benzarti, who is on the brink of leading Wydad to a record 20th Botola title and faces up against Pitso Mosimane in the last-four of the Africa's premier cup competiton - is said to have been approached to replace the underfire Lasarte in Cairo.
However, Al-Bizerti insists no official offer from Al-Ahly has made made - denying what had been circulated through various media outlets in Egypt this week.
"I've heard about it like me, but it's just a matter of judgment, I'm tied to a contract with Wydad officials, and I have a lot of respect and respect for them," the former Tunisia coach told Al Ain Sport.
Wydad host Masandawana on Friday evening at 21:00 (SAST) for the first-leg of their Champions League semi-final clash at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium.