Mamelodi Sundowns' lone fight in the CAF Champions League has suffered a setback after it was confirmed their matches will no longer be broadcast.
Sundowns resume their African duties on November 29 against Petro de Luanda while Bidvest Wits are also still in the Confederation Cup.
However, SuperSport have confirmed that they will no longer broadcast CAF matches, including the Champions League and Confederation Cup.
According to a statement issued by the broadcaster, they will no longer show the CAF content due to CAF's termination of its $1-billion agency agreement with French broadcast company Lagardere Sports.
The blackout started with the AFCON under-23 tournament currently underway in Egypt and will continue with the AFCON qualifiers which resume on Wednesday.
"We are in a difficult position where we cannot broadcast the CAF games when we don't have a firm contractual arrangement in place. SuperSport had previously acquired these broadcast rights from Lagardere," said Joe Heshu, Multichoice group executive for corporate affairs.
KickOff.com asked Benedict Maaga, who is also from the broadcaster's corporate affairs, if the blackout will include the CAF club competitions.
"I'm assuming it will include all of those games," he says.
"But we've got nothing more to add than the statement. That's what I'm saying, because if you read the statement it's quite comprehensive in terms of what the situation is.
"It says 'SuperSport will not be broadcasting CAF content, commencing with the AFCON under-23 championship in Egypt until further notice' so we can't broadcast any CAF content if we don't have a contract.
"And unfortunately we don't have a firm contract arrangement in place, because of the Lagardere and the CAF Confederation agreement that is no longer in place."