KickOff.com first broke the news of Montpellier's interest late last year and followed through with the first actual confirmation of the player's Sundowns exit and imminent medical with the Ligue 1 club earlier on Thursday.
Dolly's representives Siyavuma Sports Group have now issued the following statement confirming the South African international's departure on a long-awaited European move.
The statement reads:
'Keagan Dolly has entered into personal talks and will undergo a medical with Montpellier FC.
'For Keagan to follow his dream of playing in Europe and to fly the South African flag high will be a dream come true for him.
'Keagan wishes to thank his President Mr Motsepe for the life-changing opportunities that he has provided, from his days with the Sundowns Academy to the Club World Cup in Japan.
'In addition, a big thank you goes to his fantastic teammates and coach Pitso and his technical team, that Keagan has shared some unbelievable moments and emotions with. He will always be eternally grateful to each and every one of them.
'Also, not forgetting the backroom staff, all of whom have contributed to the great success Keagan has enjoyed at Mamelodi Sundowns.
'Keagan wishes to thank personally all of the fantastic supporters, throughout South Africa, not forgetting his wonderful family, a big thank you goes out to all of them.'
Dolly himself said: "It's been a great journey, I will never forget the great experiences we have had, to see the fans singing so loud, so proud, in their brilliant yellow on return with the African Champions League, was something I will treasure always for life."
On various issues that have played out in the media between the club and Dolly's camp following the controversial PSL DRC contract debacle, Siyavuma also put on record the following:
'A lot has been said in the media of late, in relation to the contractual issues, that the club has had with Keagan.
'Keagan, along with his representatives and legal team, felt very strongly about this and stuck by their principle argument in the matter.
'The DRC made a ruling in the case, the first stage of the PSL process, the ruling has been followed by all of the parties concerned to date.
'Siyavuma Sports Group wishes to place on record, an apology to Mamelodi Sundowns, in relation to certain statements in the media, that have been misunderstood, misconstrued and misinterpreted by some.
'The statements relate to the confusion and miscommunication that was caused in some quarters, in relation to the City Group's interest in Keagan.
'However after the confusion was cleared up, some dialogue was held between the concerned parties. During those discussions, it was felt that the opportunities put forward were not in line with the career path Keagan wants to take.
'Apologies are given to anybody who may have felt offended at the time by certain remarks relating to this topic.'