Brockie's SSU exit imminent

Transfer News

Brockie has been the subject of transfer speculation for the past two years, with Mamelodi Sundowns and Orlando Pirates most prominently linked with his services.

Sources close to both parties have confirmed the 30-year-old forward has one foot out the door, with Sundowns having gained permission to speak with him.

Despite having signed a four-year extension with Matsatsantsa at the start of last season, that would keep him at the club until June 2020, the New Zealand international is known to have expressed interest in moving on after handing in a transfer request in August last year.

However, that request was swiftly rejected upon the arrival of new coach Eric Tinkler, who was keen to retain the marksman for the current campaign.

Now, with rumours rife that Brockie is on his way out, Tinkler has admitted he is unsure where the Kiwi’s future lies after a lacklustre showing in their 2-0 Absa Premiership defeat away to Bidvest Wits on Wednesday evening.

“Right now, Brockie is still with us… Well, I don’t know. Is he still with us? I don’t know… Ask him,” said a despondent-looking Tinkler after the match.

The Brazilians are said to be pushing for the deal to go through by this weekend with the hope of having Brockie registered for their 2018 CAF Champions League campaign before the deadline on Monday, January 15.

comments