In the latest issue of KICK OFF magazine – out now! – you'll find an exclusive and in-depth interview with the Bafana Bafana and Chiefs goalkeeper.
Khune says seeing Gordon Igesund at Chiefs training was a wake-up call for him this season.
"I thought to myself 'it's time to show him what I'm capable of'," Khune says.
"I want to be that same Itumeleng Khune that set the PSL alight in 2007/08. I want to get back to my best for club and country."
Get the latest KICK OFF to find out:
- What Gordon Igesund rates about Khune
- Why 'Itu' is finally enjoying wearing Chiefs' captain's armband
- How the 4-1 MTN8 loss to Sundowns shocked Chiefs into action
- How Amakhosi squad is now giving Baxter a headache
- Read about the prank Khune played on 'Yeye' at the Sao Paolo airport