Oluwafemi had signed a three year-deal at the end of May but was then told he is no longer wanted two weeks ago, just days after the arrival of Antonio Lopez Habas who had replaced Roger de Sa.
When Oluwafemi signed De Sa was still at the helm at Wits.
"I found it shocking that I was told I am no longer wanted while we were still in pre-season. It was really surprising," says Oluwafemi.
"Prior to the day when we I was told to stop training we had played friendly games against Golden Arrows and Bloemfontein Celtic and I thought I gave a good account in those games.
"Actually I thought I had been doing very well in pre-season and was looking forward to the start of the new season only to be suddenly told I am no longer wanted. Up to now no-one has really explained why I am longer wanted at Wits. It is really awkward," he says.
In the meantime the former Jomo Cosmos left-back is waiting on getting his contract with Wits sorted out before moving on.
"Right now I am training alone while waiting to hear on what will happen with my contract because I had signed a three year contract with Wits. I just want everything sorted out before I move on. Even right now I cannot say they are honouring my contract because I haven't been paid anything from the three year contract that I signed.
"My contract came into effect on July 1 but I am yet to get a cent...since today is the 31st maybe I should wait till the end of the day to see if I will get anything," explains Oluwafemi.