Bale's agent responds to China links

Real Madrid

Gareth Bale's agent has responded to reports linking his client with a move to the Chinese Super League in the recent transfer window.

The Welshman was one of the players expected to depart the Santiago Bernabeu in the last transfer window after an apparent fallout with Zinedine Zidane at the end of last season.

Speculation has once again returned for the Wales international, but the player's agent, Jonathan Barnett, was quick silence those rumours about a move to China.

"Gareth is delighted to play in Madrid," Barnett said, according to the Independent.

"China? Don't believe everything you hear."

Zidane, meanwhile, insists his not focused about Bale's future, as the player was spotted travelling to London earlier this week.

"The subject [Bale potentially leaving] is in the past. He is here and he's on the pitch, bit by bit, training," Zidane told reporters on Friday ahead of the Liga clash with Real Betis.

"We're with him in order for him to get back in the team. Nothing more.

"I don't have to do anything. I don't have to convince him about anything because he's here. He's training, he's still not available, but he's here at Real Madrid."

comments