KickOff.com spent a few minutes with the former Mamelodi Sundowns and Orlando Pirates player ahead of the Nedbank Cup final. Here are five things you may not have known about Masehe.
- I love listening to Hip-Hop. I listen to deep Hip Hop because it speaks about what is happening in our black communities, things that are affecting us and the difficulties we face. Currently I am listening to J Cole, but my all time favourite artist is Jay-Z because the first Hip-Hop album I bought was his and it was called The Gift and the Curse.
- I watch a lot of series on television. My favourite one is Power by 50-Cent. I enjoy watching action. I don’t like to watch things where the people are doing a lot of talking.
- My best friend in football is Sthembiso Ngcobo [now retired]. We met here at Free State Stars. What I like about him is that he is a very honest person. We live the same lifestyles and we have a lot of similarities.
- I grew up supporting Kaizer Chiefs. The brand of football they played back then was good and they were winning left, right and centre, so you did not have stress as a Chiefs supporter because they were winning. Now lately they are not the same team. But now I am Free State Stars for life. In England I support Manchester United and in Spain I support Real Madrid.
- The most difficult opponent I have come up against is Thulani Serero, when he was still playing for Ajax Cape Town, because he was very fast and technically difficult. You would not know what Serero was going to do. He was more like what Percy Tau is.