KickOff.com takes a look at the top 10 biggest deals of the European transfer window
Posted: 4 September 2018 Time: 20:00
After the close of the European transfer window last week, KickOff.com takes a look at the 10 biggest deals.
It comes as no surprise to see the Premier League dominating the list due to their incredible spending power, with six of the 10 players on the list currently in England.
Vinícius Júnior is the surprise entry on the list as he finally completed his transfer from Flamengo to Real Madrid upon turning 18.
The Brazil wonderkid agreed to a massive €45m deal with Los Blancos back in 2016, which saw him sneak into the top ten.
Naby Keita of Guinea and Riyad Mahrez of Algeria are the two African representatives on the list, after completing moves to Liverpool and Manchester City respectively.
Another surprise in that two goalkeepers features, with Kepa moving to Chelsea from Atletico Bilbao in a world-record deal that eclipsed Allison Becker's move to Liverpool from AS Roma.
Cristiano Ronaldo's club-record and Serie A record deal was not enough to see him rank as the biggest deal of the window though, as France wonderkid Kylian Mbappe's move to Paris Saint-Germain reserved the honour.
The rest of the list comprised of Atletico Madrid's Thomas Lemar, Manchester United midfielder Fred and Chelsea's Jorginho.
Top-10 biggest transfers in 2018 off-season:
1. Kylian Mbappe - AS Monaco to PSG (€135m)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - Real Madrid to Juventus (€117m)
3. Kepa - Athletic Bilbao to Chelsea (€80m)
4. Thomas Lemar - AS Monaco to Atletico Madrid (€70m)
5. Riyad Mahrez - Leicester City to Manchester City (€67.8m)
6. Alisson - AS Roma to Liverpool (€62.5m)
7. Naby Keita - RB Leipzig to Liverpool (€60m)
8. Fred - Shakhtar Donetsk to Manchester United (€59m)
9. Jorginho - Napoli to Chelsea (€57m)
10. Vinícius Júnior - Flamengo to Real Madrid (€45m)