Arrest of former Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue confirmed by Metropolitan police in England
Posted: 9 July 2018 Time: 19:00
Former Arsenal and Ivory Coast star Emmanuel Eboue has been arrested and there said to be real concerns over his mental state.
Eboue admitted last year of his plight after being banned from playing football due to a contractual dispute with his former agent.
His short-term contract with Sunderland was subsequently rescinded and the player revealed the heartbreaking story of his depression.
Emmanuel Eboue admits to being suicidal after a series of events;
- Lost kids & all property to his wife in divorce
- Wife handled his finances & stole most of his money
- Sleeps on a friend's mattress
- Lost his grandad (who raised him) to cancer
- Brother died in an accident pic.twitter.com/fixxnnjCpN— Idah Waringa (@IdahWaringa) December 24, 2017
The 35-year-old has now been detained by police, who are investigating an 'alleged arson and malicious communications'.
"Police investigating an alleged arson at a residential address in Enfield on Saturday, 30 June, arrested a 35-year-old man on suspicion of arson and malicious communications outside the address at around 17:00hrs on Saturday, 7 July," read the statement from the Metropolitan police.
"He was taken to a north London police station where he currently remains."