Dludlu leaves the door open
Posted: 9 July 2018 Time: 10:58
Bantwana coach Simphiwe Dludlu says players who are not part of the current squad should not despair, as there’s still time to crack the nod before the U-17 Women's World Cup in November.
Bantwana are in camp to prepare for the BRICS tournament set to be played from July 15 to 23 in Johannesburg. This forms part of the side’s preparations for the World Cup.
Dludlu has selected 24 players for the tournament, but has left room for others to break into the team before the World Cup, which will be played in Uruguay from November 13 to December 1.
“The approach leading to the World Cup is to keep the core of the team because we don’t have the luxury of getting all the players we want in camp. The new players that are coming in are boosting the squad, and if we find a better player than we have, we will bring them in,” Dludlu told SAFA's website.
“But what’s also important is the fluidity in the team and the understanding, because they have played longer with each other, and they know how to demand from each other, so the technical team does not have to start from scratch.
“Those that are not here should not despair because selection is not permanent. Everybody needs to put their best foot forward. I am still on the lookout for those players we may have missed previously – this means you could have played the qualifiers but you might not make it to Uruguay. On the other hand, we can’t be looking for too many players because we have limited time for preparations.”