Menzi Masuku believes his talent will help him through a tough time at Contemptible Celtic
Posted: 23 June 2018 Time: 10:00
Former Orlando Pirates midfielder Menzi Masuku believes his talent will see him safely through an uncertain time at Bloemfontein Celtic.
Celtic CEO Khumbulani Konco earlier this month confirmed the club - which is struggling financially after a R21-million per year sponsorship from MTN was not renewed - is for sale, but shot down a report that indicated the team was about to change hands and could relocate to Kimberley.
Soon after Veselin Jelusic resigned as head coach, with Phunya Sele Sele on Wednesday confirming former Kaizer Chiefs mentor Steve Komphela had been brought in as the Serbian's replacement.
Masuku insists he is not worried about his future.
"All I know is I'm going back to the Celtic and that is all I know. We haven't been told of anything and we are still Celtic players," Masuku tells KickOff.com.
"With what is happening I'm not even scared of my future, nothing. I'm relaxed and whatever happens my talent backs me up and there will be a club for me."
The 25-year-old believes he did well when given an opportunity by Jelusic following his arrival at the club in January from Chippa United.
Masuku, who was part of the national under-23 team at the Olympic Games in 2016, featured in 10 games in all competitions for Siwelele as they finished 11th on the log.
"Sometimes when you get into a team in the middle of the season the coach already has his own plans and ideas," Masuku says.
"So during those times when I came I did play very well. But if the coach has his own ideas and has already made up his mind on his own starting eleven obviously that is another thing.
"But given the chance I played very well and then I got injured, so that was another setback. It was a hamstring injury but I was back in the last 10 games of the season."