Related News

Related Club News

English Premier League match report Leicester City v Liverpool 23 September 2017

Posted: 23 September 2017 Time: 19:06

Liverpool returned to winning ways in the Premier League after they recorded a thrilling 3-2 win over Leicester City at the King Power Stadium.

The Reds broke the deadlock after 15 minutes as Coutinho's cross found Mohamed Salah, who headed past Kasper Schmeichel.

10 minutes later, the lead was doubled as Coutinho got on the score-sheet with a sublime free-kick from 25-yards out.

Leicester struggled to get going in the first half, which led to a lack of of chances.

The hosts did have the ball in the in the 39th minute but Shinji Okazaki's strike was ruled out for offside.

Okazaki was not to be denied on the stroke of halftime as he poked home from close range to reduced the deficit, 1-2.

After a quiet start to the half, Emre Can nearly extended Liverpool's lead in the 58th minute but his effort sailed just wide of the target.

The Reds did bag a third goal 69th minute courtesy of a strike from captain Jordan Henderson.

However, Leicester reduced the deficit once again a minute later when Jamie Vardy headed past Simon Mignolet.

Three minutes later, Leicester were awarded a penalty when Mignolet brought down Vardy. The striker stepped up but had his penalty saved by the Liverpool shot-stopper.

Schmeichel came to Leicester's rescue in the 82nd minute as produced a fine save to deny Daniel Sturrdige from close range.

The Foxes pushed for an equaliser in the closing stages, but Liverpool managed to hold out to claim three points.

Article by: Staff Reporter
Terms of use:

The comments posted do not reflect the views of Users are reminded that no misuse of this comment facility will be tolerated. Any abusive, racist, inflammatory, defamatory, discriminatory comments or hate speech will be deleted and the user banned.

If legally obliged we will hand over your information under the Protection of Information Act.

Please report abusive posts to