Dino unsurprised by Bafana recall
Posted: 20 September 2017 Time: 15:30
Former Mamelodi Sundowns striker Dino Ndlovu says his Bafana Bafana call-up has not taken him by surprise.
KickOff.com broke the news to Ndlovu that he had earned a recall from coach Stuart Baxter for a World Cup qualifier with Burkina Faso at FNB Stadium on October 7.
The 27-year-old has impressed since leaving the country in 2015, finding form in Cyprus and most recently in Azerbaijan with Qarabağ where he has netted five goals and provided one assist in 11 appearances this season.
"It's only now I see I have been called up," says Ndlovu, who earned his fourth and last international cap in a 5-0 thrashing by Brazil in March 2014.
"I was not aware I am called up to the fold. I still need to digest it."
He adds: "For me it's not a surprise because I have been working hard for the past few months and patience has paid off. However, the hard work doesn't end now, I must continue working hard."
The ex-SuperSport United man, who also had a spell in Israel after leaving Mpumalanga Black Aces two years ago, played in the UEFA Champions League against Chelsea earlier this month. And although his side suffered a 6-0 defeat, Ndlovu felt he did well at Stamford Bridge.
"The experience was amazing at the Bridge. I felt I played well. I needed only one goal to put the cherry on top of my performance."
He'll gain tons of experience from playing in Europe's biggest club competition this season.