Bad break for Kukame

Bad break for Kukame

Posted: 15 March 2012 Time: 09:59 am

Maritzburg United have suffered a major blow to their hopes of surviving relegation with the news that striker Lebohang Kukame has been ruled out for the remainder of the season.

Kukame sustained injuries in a car accident near Escort in KwaZulu-Natal on his way back from Johannesburg on Sunday.

United team manager Quinton Jetto says the former national Under-23 player is still in hospital, where he was expected to undergo a second operation on his fractured left leg on Thursday.

“We are still waiting for the doctor’s final report after another operation tomorrow, but he is likely to be out of action for five to six months,” Jetto says. “This is very bad for us as this injury has come at a time when we need every player available to escape our precarious position.

“We pray that Kukame will have speed recovery and can continue with his soccer career soon.”

Kukame’s injury leaves Maritzburg with only three fit strikers – Collen Zimba, Brice Aka and Fadlu Davids. Manuel 'Tico-Tico' Bucuane was transferred to Jomo Cosmos last month.

Previous comments on this story...

Anonymous
posted: 03:20 pm
So sad for a young striker
Anonymous
posted: 04:06 pm
KS: 2009-02-18 15:20 [ Report ]


So sad for a young striker

young: how old is he anyway?????? speedy recovery to him.
stex
posted: 04:18 pm
This guy is older than Nomvete so he must be 38 years
Terms of use:

The comments posted do not reflect the views of KickOff.com. Users are reminded that no misuse of this comment facility will be tolerated. Any abusive, racist, inflammatory, defamatory, discriminatory comments or hate speech will be deleted and the user banned.

If legally obliged we will hand over your information under the Protection of Information Act.

Please report abusive posts to editor@kickoff.com.