Mshengu and Oluwafemi were signed by former coach Roger de Sa two months ago, but with the arrival of Antonio Lopez Habas they were suddenly told they are no longer needed.
Both had signed two-year contracts with an option of a third year, but are now in negotiations over a settlement before they have actually received their first salaries as their contracts only came into effect on July 1.
Mshengu confirms that he is in talks with the club regarding his situation, but will only be at liberty to talk once he has finalised everything at the end of the week.
The two players, who are no longer training with the club, were told they are excess baggage just four days after the appointment of Habas.
They were part of the group that was called out from training and told to report to the office where they were told by CEO Jose Ferreira that they are not wanted anymore.
The other players that were told to stop training are Bradley Ritson, Nyiko Tshabangu, Masibusane Zongo and Enrico Adolph, along with Ntokozo Sikhakhane, who had already been informed that he is transfer listed.
Ritson, who still had a year remaining on his contract, is already in the hunt for a new club.
“The club said they will help me find another club and if something comes up they should be able to let me go with ease. However, in the meantime the club has said they will honour my contract,” says Ritson.