The Mighty Buccaneers made history this weekend, becoming the first club in the PSL-era to win back-to-back trebles.
Pirates scooped the 2011 MTN8 and Telkom Knockout trophies, and successfully defended the Premiership title as well.
The parade will take place on Tuesday, May 21, in and around the Johannesburg CBD and Soweto between 9am and 3pm. Are you going to watch the parade? Post your pictures on our Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/KickOffmagazine)
A message on the club's official website urges supporters to "wear their Orlando Pirates regalia and display their flags outside their office windows on Tuesday".
"We encourage everybody to dress in black and white as we celebrate Orlando Pirates Day," the site reads.
The full itinerary is as follows:
• 09h00: The Team meets at the Orlando Pirates head offices in Parktown at 10am to depart to the Mayor’s Chambers: The route is as follows: Turn Left into St. Andrews Road -> turn right -> into Victoria road pass the Constitutional Hill and then stop at the Rea Vaya bus station (Mayor’s Chambers).
• 09h00 – 09h45: Meet and Greet with the Mayor at the Mayoral Chambers. Team hands over signed shirt to the Mayor. Photo opportunity with the staff, players and the three trophies.
• 09h45: The team then departs to the MEC of Sports, Arts and Culture offices.
• 10h00: The route is as follows: we take Joubert Street -> into De Korte -> turn left -> into Simmonds Street, we go straight -> turn left-> into Main Street -> from there we turn left -> into Rissik Street -> and stop between Commissioner Street -> and -> Market Street ( MEC’s Offices).
• 10h00 – 10h30: Meet and Greet with the MEC of Sports, Arts and Culture, Lebogang Maile. Team will hand over a signed shirt to the MEC of Sports, Arts and Culture. Photo opportunity with the staff, players and the three trophies.
• 10h50 – 11h00: Turn right -> into Market Street -> turn right -> into Eloff Street -> proceed straight into -> M2 West Free -way -> Turn right -> into M2 South on-ramp -> Proceed -> until N1 South Soweto off-ramp -> Turn left -> into Soweto high way -> ( Pat Mbatha) -> pass Diepkloof.
Proceed to Orlando -> turn left -> Orlando turn left-> into Africa Mooki street -> proceed straight -> turn right into Sofasonke-> proceed straight -> the turn right-> into Khumalo street -> ( near 707-home affairs) -> the road becomes Mahalafele drive -> Pass Dube Shoprite -> on the left -> at the robot turn right-> into Mcube drive -> (pass Jozi fm on the left) -> Continue striaght-> to Dube station -> then turn left-> at Lesedinyana -> then progress -> to Mofolo, -> pass Masakeng pub -> turn left -> into Machaba Street drive -> through Mofolo -> into Mphuti Street -> that will be Central Western Jabavu -> Then pass Morris Isaacson High School -> on the left -> to Jabulani -> at the Sapsturn -> left into Jabulani Mall.
• 11h00 – 11h20: Parade team stops, the players showcase the three trophies. Selected Branch Chairpersons will get an opportunity to take pictures with the team and the three trophies
• 11h20 – 11h50: From Jabulani Mall -> turn left into Koma Road pass Jabulani Flats,Molapo,Seana Marena High School until Moroka Saps turn left -> into Chris Hani drive -> through Rockville -> and Klipspruit turn left -> into Maponya Mall.
• 11h50 – 12h30: From Maponya Mall -> back into Chris Hani road -> pass the Soweto College -> U J Soweto Campus -> Orlando East-Power Park -> Lillian Ngoye Clinic -> Pass BP robots -> turns robots -> turn left -> at Nembula House -> and then turn right immediately -> Turn right into Bara Taxi Rank.
• 12h40 – 12h50: The Parade team stops at Bara Taxi Rank to showcase the trophies for 10 min max. The team departs from Bara Taxi Rank, then turn left -> right into Chris Hani road -> Drive straight into N12 East -> left -> into M1 North
• 12h50 - 13h30: Pass Ormonde-Xavier off-ramp -> Booysens -> crown interchange -> then off-ramp at Smith Street -> turn into left -> into Smith Street -> Braamfontein -> left into -> Eendrag Street -> turn right -> into Jorisson Street -> next right into Betha Street -> Drive over the Nelson Mandela Bridge -> turn left -> into Bree street Taxi Rank.
• 13h40 – 13h55: Drive straight to Bree taxi Rank, the parade team stops to showcase the trophies.
• 13h55 – 14h10: From Bree Taxi Rank the Parade proceeds straight up Bree Street -> turn left -> into Twist Street -> pass Noord Taxi Rank
• 14h10 – 14h20: The bus stops at Noord Taxi Rank where the team will again showcase the three trophies.
• 14h20 – 14h45: Then proceed up to Smith Street -> and turn right -> into Claim Street -> Drive straight down -> and turn right -> into Commissioner Street -> Stop between -> Kruis Street and Von Weilight Street -> opposite Carlton Centre.
• 14h45 – 15h00: From the Carlton Parade -> proceed straight -> with Commissioner Street -> turn right -> into Rissik Street -> then drive straight -> up the road -> pass -> Metro Centre -> turn right -> and immediately yield left -> to Kotze Street -> pass -> Constitutional Hill -> on your left proceed -> straight to -> Parktown -> Parade end.