Related News

Related Club News

The Nigeria Premier League wrap-up

Posted: 5 March 2012 Time: 09:34

The Nigeria Premier League Week 11 matches almost turned into a battlefield as the majority of the clubs playing at home used every avenue to win their games, even as Rangers still tops the league table after a 1-0 victory over Lobi Stars.  

Chikeluba Ofoedu scored for Rangers in the 22nd minute to take his goals haul to four. The Enugu side maintained their top spot on the league table with 22 points.   Abubakar Bukola Saraki started reaping from the decision to suspend coach Erasmus Onuh as his replacement Kabir Dogo led the Ilorin lads to defeat Kaduna United 2-1 at home in his first game.   ABS took the lead in the 17th minute through Ofili Chirstian, while Buhari Jaffar equalised for Kaduna United in the 30th minute. Bashir Rahman found the winning goal for ABS a minute before the end of the first half.   "I told you that we are not going to go relegation and with this away victory, we are aiming for the top," said the team manager, Alloy Chukwuemeka to   Wikki Tourists beat Sharks by a lone goal and media officer of the Port-Harcourt side, Confidence Idah, complained that the referee Thomas Tikvor from Benue State gifted Wikki Tourists with a penalty.   Gombe United forced Heartland to a 2-2 draw with two of the Spartans players given their marching orders.   Brendan Ogbu and Daniel Akpeyi were red-carded as Heartland finished the game with nine players.   An official of Heartland, Tonnes Chukwu told that “only God saved our players and officials from the hands of irate fans of Gombe United.   "There was real trouble some minutes before the end of the game and immediately the match ended. The two players that were red carded were harassed by the fans and the match officials had to run for their dear lives after the game.   "Mobile police men escorted us to the boundary of Bauchi and Gombe States before we arrived Bauchi where we slept for the night," Chukwu fumed.   Shooting Stars Sports Club had to come back from a goal down to snatch a point off Warri Wolves, but their supporters also caused some problems for the match officials before the game.   The game between Kwara United and Sunshine Stars was heading for a 1-1 draw when supporters of Kwara United took the laws into their hands and attacked everybody in sight, including players and officials of the opposing team, supporters and journalists. The referee Sani Mohammed was reportedly rushed to a private hospital after the inconclusive match.   Mannir Ubale scored his fifth this season when his lone strike secured all three points for Kano Pillars against Akwa United. 

Previous comments on this story...

Dat Igbo boy
posted: 10:53 am
NPL is (Nolloywood Inc)
Terms of use:

The comments posted do not reflect the views of Users are reminded that no misuse of this comment facility will be tolerated. Any abusive, racist, inflammatory, defamatory, discriminatory comments or hate speech will be deleted and the user banned.

If legally obliged we will hand over your information under the Protection of Information Act.

Please report abusive posts to