The 20-year-old former SuperSport United player had been sweating on whether the Eredivisie giants would take up an option to offer him a new contract when his current deal expires in June. But in an exclusive interview for the next issue of KICK OFF magazine, Mokotjo reveals that he was given confirmation by the club’s technical director Martin van Jeel at a meeting on Monday.
“I had an option in my contract but it was up to them to extend it and they took it up,” Mokotjo tells KickOff.com.
“They had until April to decide what they wanted to do with me and technical director called me in yesterday and we spoke. He said they wanted to keep me in Rotterdam for two more years and I was very happy. It shows that the club has real confidence in me as a player and they see something in me.”
Van Geel also confirms the news in a statement on Feyenoord's website.
"Kamohelo is a very big talent, but he is still only 20," he says.
"He definitely has the potential to develop into a very good player."
Mokotjo has been back on the substitute’s bench for Sunday’s 3-1 win over Vitesse Arnhem but came on in the 37th minute. That victory lifted Feyenoord up to third place as they bid to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 2002.
“It’s going really well,” admits Mokotjo.
“The rate we are going we might make it into Europe next season and that would be great for me. It has been a long time for the club since we made it and it would be a great reward for the season we have had so far.”