Moroka Swallows aware of interest in Keegan Ritchie
Posted: 6 June 2011 Time: 12:33
Moroka Swallows believe they will be able to hold onto Keegan Ritchie, despite growing interest in him, as the club begins to sort out the mess that saw them avoid the relegation Play-offs on the last day of the season.
Ritchie, a left-footer who can play at left-back and in midfield, has been impressive in his first two years in the professional ranks and is attracting interest from fellow Gauteng clubs.
Swallows boss Leon Prins says he is aware of the interest in the 20-year-old.
“I must first state that Keegan is still under contract for a further two years. At the moment nothing has happened as yet regarding Keegan and so he will be re-joining the rest of the squad for pre-season on June 27.”
While choosing to play his cards close to his chest, Prins did confirm that Brazilian midfielder Igor Alves will not be returning to the club, as was reported by KickOff.com last month.
“Alves is not returning. Ashraf Hendricks’ contract is not up yet and, as with all other players that we will not be keeping, it is only fair that we let them know at the same time,” Prins says.
The contracts of Kagiso Denge, Gareth Ncaca, Morgan Shivambu, S’celo Zuma and Shaun Haschick expire at the end of the month.