3 - 0
Loftus Versfeld Stadium
02/03/2011 19:30

Related News

Related Club News

SuperSport United beat Moroka Swallows

Posted: 2 March 2011 Time: 22:24

A goal in either half by Anthony Laffor saw SuperSport United beat Moroka Swallows 3-0 in an Absa Premiership match at Loftus stadium on Wednesday evening, and thus extending the gap between themselves and the teams at the bottom of the log.

The game’s other goal was scored by Fikru Lemasse.

It was almost the perfect start for SuperSport as Tebogo Langerman came within inches of finding the game’s opening goal in the first minute. A swift and accurate passing movement allowed Langerman to find some space inside the box, but his 12-yard shot skimmed the wrong side of the upright.

In the 11th minute Dipsy Selolwane came agonising close to opening the scoring when his powerful 20-yard shot sailed inches past the right-hand upright.

Then, finally, in the 17th minute the Matsatsantsa found the goal they deserved. Anthony Laffor showed some great skill to magnificently volley home from 25-yards out for possibly one of the goals of the season, 1-0.

United had the last say in the half when they so nearly found the game’s second goal. Ricardo Katza supplied a pin point cross to find Langerman unmarked inside the box, but his header went over the crossbar when he should have at least hit the target.

The second half continued in the same fashion as United controlled matters on the field of play. Still, the Swallows defence seemed to hold strong as they were stubborn in their resistance.

In the 57th minute, however, the Birds were almost their own worst enemy when Greg Etafia fumbled a routine save from an 18-yard Laffor shot, but he quickly pounced on the loose ball to rectify matters.

Five minutes later, though, and Etafia was at his best making a magnificent save diving full stretch to his right to tip a Glen Salmon shot around the post.

But then only a minute later Etafia caused his team a world of hurt when he dragged down Mario Booysen inside the box and the referee pointed to the penalty spot. Laffor stepped up and made no mistake to double his side’s lead, 2-0.

After going two goals down the Birds tried to find their way back into the match, but to no avail when Fikru Lemasse sealed matters in the 85th minute with SuperSport’s third goal, finishing from close range, 3-0.

Previous comments on this story...

posted: 07:30 am
Gud boys nd the coach,l think that game should b the start of u wining our games so we can b in top8,wel done coach nd the boys.
posted: 08:43 am
Swallows is dead....their ball control is no existent and they can't even string passes together....Nomvete is the only player there. What a boring game.
posted: 08:45 am
Aubrey must be the goalkeeper, because Greg has lost focus. Two stupid mistakes resulted as goals enough is enough. We going backwards because of him.
Tshwane Derby
posted: 08:48 am
I doubt SSU will make the top 8
Terms of use:

The comments posted do not reflect the views of KickOff.com. Users are reminded that no misuse of this comment facility will be tolerated. Any abusive, racist, inflammatory, defamatory, discriminatory comments or hate speech will be deleted and the user banned.

If legally obliged we will hand over your information under the Protection of Information Act.

Please report abusive posts to editor@kickoff.com.