Update on Louis Saha transfer
Posted: 18 January 2013 Time: 11:23 am
KickOff.com can confirm that Bidvest Wits is the only club that former French international Louis Saha will sign for should he decide to play in the PSL.
We reported yesterday that the Sunderland player was spotted at OR Tambo International; this after Black Cats boss Martin O’Neil confirmed that there was interest in the striker from South African clubs.
We can now confirm that the former Fulham and Manchester United striker met with people associated to Bidvest last night, and that a deal could be concluded by next week.
Further adding fuel to the fire are comments O’Neill made to the Sunderland Echo, saying: “As of today, we have told Louis he is free to speak to other clubs and to leave if he can fix himself up somewhere.
“We have come to an agreement whereby we will cancel the remainder of his contract, shake hands and go our separate ways.”
Wits have a relationship with Sunderland in the form of the ‘Invest in Africa’ project.
WHO IS LOUIS SAHA?
* Born in Paris on August 8, 1978
* A former scholar at the Clairefontaine football academy.
* Started his career at Metz, before a loan spell at Newcastle United
* Moved to Fulham in 2000, before signing for Manchester United for £12.4million in 2004
* Wins two Premiership, one UEFA Champions League and a League Cup title with the Red Devils
* Scores after 25 seconds for Everton in the 2009 FA Cup Final
* Moves to Tottenham Hotspur before moving to Sunderland
* Capped 25 times by France, scoring four goals