0 - 0
(0 - 0)
FNB Stadium
14/12/2016 19:30
Referee: Lwandile Mfiki

Related News

Related Club News

Kaizer Chiefs Bloemfontein Celtic PSL Absa Premiership match report

Posted: 14 December 2016 Time: 18:14

Victory still eludes Kaizer Chiefs in the latter stages of the year as their winless streak in the Absa Premiership was stretched to seven after a 0-0 draw with Bloemfontein Celtic at the FNB Stadium on Wednesday.

Despite enjoying the bulk of possession Kaizer Chiefs failed to break down a stubborn Bloemfontein Celtic in the first half and it was in fact the visitors who enjoyed the better chances in the second stanza.

Neither side grabbed the initiative during the early exchanges and chances were not forthcoming for either side until the quarter-hour mark.

The first real chance of the game, falling the way of Chiefs, came via a mistake from Siwelele stopper Patrick Tignyemb who failed to collect the ball in his area and allowed Katsvairo to pounce on the loose ball but he shot over with the goal at his mercy.

At the other end a corner for Celtic was not well defended and Maruping climbed highest but could only direct his header wide of the upright.

Despite the home side controlling the game for an extended spell their most significant chance during that passage was a long-range effort from Lucky Baloyi that fizzed over the bar.

As the game approached the half-hour mark Chiefs pushed forward with more urgency and began to pillage their opponent's box with crosses but without any players with a real aerial presence they were all dealt with.

Amakhosi continued their dominance with very little end product before being dealt a blow before the break as George Lebese went down injured and forced Steve Komphela to introduce Joseph Molangoane earlier than he would have intended.

With the second half only minutes old Celtic forced Khuzwayo into a save but the stand-in stopper had no problem dealing with Nyatama's shot which was fired straight at him.

Following that incident there was a resumption of first half patterns with Chiefs back in the ascendency but this time looking slightly more threatening with their balls into the area.

Chiefs very nearly had a goal from a delivery into the box as Mothoho's goalbound header was kept out excellently by Tignyemb.

As desperation grew with the score still deadlocked going past the hour mark Molangoane threw himself to the ground in the area under pressure from Sankara but the referee was not buying it and waved away his appeals.

Celtic's best two chances of the game both came within a couple of minutes of each other as Nyatama drew near post saves from Khuzwayo in the 78th and 80th minute.

The better chances had belonged to Celtic in the second-half and they continued as Masuku let fly from range and Khuzwayo made an unorthodox save with his feet.

There was to be no final twist to spare Steve Komphela the derision of the fans in attendance as Chiefs equaled their longest ever winless run in the club's history.

Article by: Staff Reporter
Terms of use:

The comments posted do not reflect the views of KickOff.com. Users are reminded that no misuse of this comment facility will be tolerated. Any abusive, racist, inflammatory, defamatory, discriminatory comments or hate speech will be deleted and the user banned.

If legally obliged we will hand over your information under the Protection of Information Act.

Please report abusive posts to editor@kickoff.com.